Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.

HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:53 am

Aree't'sa wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Ru wrote:

So they're gonna make the posting limit age 18?!?!? That's stupid! I don't think they're thinking of all the good YOUNGER builders out there who want to be heard. Well, there goes a good site for 5 years.
"Good"? Lego.com's a hellhole. The members steal anything that hasn't got a watermark, and if they can edit the mark out in five seconds with the mspaint spraycan tool, they steal it anyway.

And this.. "Cuusoo" thing, what do you think that is to them? It's a great big neon sign with a flashing background saying "If you put your latest garbage multicoloured bionicle dinosaur on this and get all your friends to vote for it, it'll get made into a set!!!!!". No, 18+ is definitely a good move. There's no TFOL population on lego.com, only YFOLs lying about their age.
I know how bad Lego.com is. Mark Kelso could post his best stuff there, and some YFOL would get more comments than him. And plus, just because you get 10000 votes doesn't mean it automatically becomes a set. You need to have it go through inspection from TLC first. I do see what you mean, though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Did you know not everything that reaches 10000 votes gets to become a set?
Do you really think a typical lego.com resident is going to take the time to read the fine print?
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 am

Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Do you really think a typical lego.com resident is going to take the time to read the fine print?
If they can even read...
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
If they can even read...

Smile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Good point.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Ah, it's still cool, I believe. even though I'm not yet eighteen (sigh). Though Areetsa seems to really hate the LEGO dudes. Why's that, Areetsa?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:18 am

Athanasios wrote:
Ah, it's still cool, I believe. even though I'm not yet eighteen (sigh). Though Areetsa seems to really hate the LEGO dudes. Why's that, Areetsa?

Areetsa hates everyone except the trolls. And he trolls the trolls.

Read the rules here.
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:20 am

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

Hey, cool to see that you're on. Happy But yeah, that's what it seems.
Back to top Go down
Ru

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:37 am

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

Haha, that made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 am

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:

Somehow, that doesn't seem right... Tongue

I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
If they can even read...
Well, that and they need to make the proper licenses so nobody gets into trouble... Happy
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:19 am

Wangster wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
If they can even read...
Well, that and they need to make the proper licenses so nobody gets into trouble... Happy
TLG are the ones that get the licenses, not the people using CUUSOO.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:27 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
If they can even read...
TLG are the ones that get the licenses, not the people using CUUSOO.
Yeah, ok I'll rephrase myself: TLG needs to get the licenses so THEY as TLG won't get into trouble by MINECRAFT.
Back to top Go down
Marty Ford

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Deus Otiosus wrote:
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Crazy awesome - 1% net profit from the set, with thousands of sets sold, for 10-50 eur each... I'm talking hundreds!!!

Let me paste the official press release:

Turn your model wishes into reality with LEGO® CUUSOO
LEGO consumers can now give their great ideas directly to the LEGO Group using the LEGO CUUSOO website. Ideas that collect 10,000 supporters could be selected to become part of the toy manufacturers’ product line

BILLUND, Denmark – The LEGO Group announced today that LEGO® CUUSOO, its new international web-based open innovation and crowd sourcing platform, is now available in open beta.

LEGO CUUSOO is an idea collection system that asks the Danish toy manufacturers’ consumers to submit and vote for their favourite ideas for new LEGO products. It can be found at http://lego.cuusoo.com

Ideas that are supported by 10,000 votes have a chance of being selected to become part of the LEGO Group’s product portfolio and sold in LEGO Brand retail stores and the LEGO online shop. Consumers who have their ideas chosen will earn 1% of the total net sales of the product

CUUSOO, which means ‘imagination’ or sometimes ‘wish’ in Japanese, has been developed with CUUSOO SYSTEM, a subsidiary of Japan-based Elephant Design that has worked with open innovation and crowd sourcing for more than 10 years.

The LEGO Group has worked with CUUSOO since 2008 on a Japanese site that has attracted hundreds of ideas and seen thousands of votes cast by a 20,000-strong community. Now the time has come to test the concept internationally.

The first Japanese product, the Shinkai 6500 submersible, went on sale in Japan in February 2011. The next Japanese LEGO CUUSOO model will be the Hayabusa unmanned spacecraft launched in the first quarter of next year. “Our fans and consumers have proved time after time that they have great ideas that can lead to products,” said Paal Smith-Meyer, head of the LEGO New Business Group.

LEGO Cuusoo Shinkai submarine

“We have worked with our consumers in the past and continue to do so, for example in the LEGO Architecture series, which we developed with an architect and LEGO fan. LEGO CUUSOO is an attempt to gather more great ideas while streamlining the way we innovate and become inspired.”

“We see this as an investment in the future rather than for immediate sales gain. We are moving from a local Japanese pilot to see if the model is sustainable. We were pleased with the initial results, but we need to see how it will perform on a global platform with global distribution,” he added.

Join here.
I heard it was near impossible to get 10,000 vote's.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am

^ Minecraft got it, but I think that it won by cheating.

Read the rules here.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:11 am

Ben wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised... from what I saw, the set had horrible technique. Somewhat like a 8-10-year-old, only not rainbow warrior-like.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 am

Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised... from what I saw, the set had horrible technique. Somewhat like a 8-10-year-old, only not rainbow warrior-like.
Yep, very rainbow warrior-like.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Minecraft didn't cheat. The Mojang team put it on their holocaust (facebook) page and many minecraft fans seemed to like it.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:51 pm

I just realized that you have to be 18 to create a project. Is it againt the rules to create one under a parent's name?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
I just realized that you have to be 18 to create a project. Is it againt the rules to create one under a parent's name?

Yeah, unfortunately they added that rule in Sad

I think so.

Read the rules here.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 am

At least the Winchester is a decent set idea. Smile As long as it gets approved, that is.

I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:06 am

I contacted Lego directly, and here's what the said:

"Whenever an idea is submitted, we ask that the age provided by the builder, is in fact their age. We had to make the decision to only review creations by adults for legal purposes, and to be fair to our adult community who support LEGO CUUSOO. If your child is under age, all of their ideas and content can still be stored on the website, and then open for votes when they turn the appropriate age.

However, there is no way for us to actively tell or question the age and name that is submitted on our website. If your child's idea/creation was pushed through the actually process, your name and details would be attached to the model and you would be the main contact for anything as if it was your creation. We thank you so much for contacting us, and I do help this further assists you, (My Name)! We wish you the best of luck!"

For some reason, though I specified my age when I sent the email, Lego wrote this as if it were to a parent. Anyway, I guess that I could start a Project, but I'll probably just wait so that, in the unlikely event that my idea goes through, the money can be given directly to me.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:48 am

Rrrg... I still can't get over the fact that I have to be 18 to post an idea...
Back to top Go down
TGYSE
Not Scared Off Yet
Not Scared Off Yet

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 am

INCOMING!

Hello fellow TFOLs! I present my cuusoo project:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/32864

Support! Support! Support!

You get the picture. I got another project coming out as soon as the mods finally accept it! Themed brick boxes! I'll post it here shortly Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!   

Back to top Go down

LEGO CUUSOO - Make your MOC an official set!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3