Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.
 
HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Custom Minifigure Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 am

Ok, I know that most of us are Purists, but I'm a semi-purist. I make custom parts out of BROKEN Lego parts, not Lego that's intact. Here, I'll start:

Space Cowboy for the Space Cowboy Contest!
Back to top Go down
cjg
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : Washington state, USA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 am

That gun looks pretty awesome! I don't know about the 'fig though, the front piece on the chest looks a little strange. The shoulder armor looks cool though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
avatar

Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 am

Ben wrote:
Interesting.
Yeah, it's not the best, but it's my first attempt at splicing pieces.
Back to top Go down
n-7mereel
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 17
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-12-13
Location : Germany 0_O

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:57 am

I really like waterslide decaling.
If you count this to custimizing, here they are!

Custom Ordo and Mereel

Hope you like em!
n7mereel
Back to top Go down
n-7mereel
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 17
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-12-13
Location : Germany 0_O

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:57 am

Wangster wrote:
Ok, I know that most of us are Purists, but I'm a semi-purist. I make custom parts out of BROKEN Lego parts, not Lego that's intact. Here, I'll start:

Space Cowboy for the Space Cowboy Contest!
I like thie fig!
Looks good!
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 am

n-7mereel wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Ok, I know that most of us are Purists, but I'm a semi-purist. I make custom parts out of BROKEN Lego parts, not Lego that's intact. Here, I'll start:

Space Cowboy for the Space Cowboy Contest!
I like thie fig!
Looks good!
Yeah, remember, these are all BROKEN or very bad condition pieces.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 am

What exactly is the waterslide decaling?
Back to top Go down
n-7mereel
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 17
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-12-13
Location : Germany 0_O

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Austin Durick wrote:
What exactly is the waterslide decaling?

It´s a kind of paper, which you warm up in water, and it slides from the paper.
Then yu can papp it at your customs.
Crappy english is crappy...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm

So you get that kind of paper print your decales on it then cut it out then put in water?
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:56 am

Austin Durick wrote:
So you get that kind of paper print your decales on it then cut it out then put in water?
Yeah, pretty much, but it requires patience...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 am

Yeah seems hard it's like the same thing as a temporary tatoo's and looks like they can get ripped and messed up easily
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:21 am

Austin Durick wrote:
Yeah seems hard it's like the same thing as a temporary tatoo's and looks like they can get ripped and messed up easily
well, these are kind of like tatoos, they can get ripped off, but you have to add a sealant (a clear spray-on coat) on the area you decaled. Read more here: http://www.fineclonier.com/instructions1.php?view=&areaid=&catid=&designid=&oid=15927705
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:20 am

Oh, So just a clear coat type thing. I have brush on stuff I use to shine and harden the paint when I customize that way. It finishes it in a high gloss finish and looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 am

Austin Durick wrote:
Oh, So just a clear coat type thing. I have brush on stuff I use to shine and harden the paint when I customize that way. It finishes it in a high gloss finish and looks really nice.
Uh, you might want to read the article again...
Back to top Go down
The Timinater
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-08
Location : the A U of S!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:30 pm

can I just say (I'm purist) I hate the sight of clones nowadays, custom or not.
like, seriously, they're clones. does it matter what colour they are?
oooh, a stripe down the side! how special!
not.

I don't mean to be offensive, this is merely my viewpoint.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin
avatar

Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm

The Timinater wrote:
can I just say (I'm purist) I hate the sight of clones nowadays, custom or not.
like, seriously, they're clones. does it matter what colour they are?
oooh, a stripe down the side! how special!
not.

I don't mean to be offensive, this is merely my viewpoint.

Yeah I have to say I pretty much agree with you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
The Timinater
Settling In
Settling In
avatar

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-08
Location : the A U of S!

PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Ben wrote:
The Timinater wrote:
can I just say (I'm purist) I hate the sight of clones nowadays, custom or not.
like, seriously, they're clones. does it matter what colour they are?
oooh, a stripe down the side! how special!
not.

I don't mean to be offensive, this is merely my viewpoint.

Yeah I have to say I pretty much agree with you.
sometimes, a nice, new unpurist minifigure is ok, but clones... meh. anyone can sharpie one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Custom Minifigure Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Custom Minifigure Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dragon Rider a Stikfas Custom
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!
» Thumper - a stikfas custom
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Special Interests :: Minifigure Customization-
Jump to: