Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.
 
HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Fun" Chat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnDaniels
Settling In
Settling In


Posts : 22
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Location : People's Republik of Kalifornia (Help!)

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:14 am

LukeClarenceVan wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Why do peeps hate school so much?
Because it sucks out time for building and work...
How's it going "Canadian Idoit"?*




*Look at your title.
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:01 am

Aree't'sa wrote:
Freeling ++ wrote:
Heh. What's after Member? Tongue
It occurs to me that it wouldn't be very difficult to change all the post-count related ranks to phallus jokes.




...so if any of you wake up one morning to find yourself titled as "Priapus", it's Freeling's fault.

Indirectly, but still his fault.
Bwahaha.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 am

Ru wrote:
Bwahaha.
Polly wanna cracker?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no reason to say I am narrow-minded. Just do it my way and you will have no problem at all." - Guenter Wendt.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Quad wrote:
lol, I noticed someone got creative with my title and changed it to Friendless tree puncher.

Smile

We need a devil icon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Ben wrote:
Quad wrote:
lol, I noticed someone got creative with my title and changed it to Friendless tree puncher.

Smile

We need a devil icon.
It would be perfect for Big D.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Well, at least bugs won't eat me.

Don't be too sure about that, once your corpse starts to rot they probably will.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Well, at least bugs won't eat me.

Don't be too sure about that, once your corpse starts to rot they probably will.
That is a fact.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Well, at least bugs won't eat me.

Don't be too sure about that, once your corpse starts to rot they probably will.
That is a fact.

A fact of life?

...or a fact of death?
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Well, at least bugs won't eat me.

Don't be too sure about that, once your corpse starts to rot they probably will.
That is a fact.

A fact of life?

...or a fact of death?
A fact of natural process.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Ben wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Well, at least bugs won't eat me.

Don't be too sure about that, once your corpse starts to rot they probably will.
That is a fact.

A fact of life?

...or a fact of death?

Both, I think Laugh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 am

Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 am

Hayden. wrote:
Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:10 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Hayden. wrote:
Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.

Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 am

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Hayden. wrote:
Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.

Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:35 am

When I open this thread, the first thing I always see is Deus saying "Diarrhea =/= death."

For some reason I find that humorous.


Last edited by Ru on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 am

Ru wrote:
When I open this thread, the first thing I always see is Deus saying "Diarrhea =/= death."

For some reason I find the humorous.
Well, it is a fact. Lett me go look at that...
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:44 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Hayden. wrote:
Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.

Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.

Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 am

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Hayden. wrote:
Toothpaste in the eye, stings more than you'd think it does
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.

Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.

Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.
Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there ahs been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Especially corosive acid toothpaste. I definetely advise you not to use that one at all. Except for lethal pranks.

Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.

Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.

Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there has been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.

Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 am

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


Or if you're in a life-threatening critical situation and all you happen to have on you to burn through the hatch that's preventing your escape is a bottle of corrosive acid toothpaste.

Then, you most certainly want to use it.
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.

Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.

Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there has been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.

Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Yes, but that situation appears most commonly whilist doing lethal pranks. So I pretty much covered that.

Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.

Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there has been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.

Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves

Ah, I begin to see your point. You are suggesting that the person caught in this life-threatening situation is, in fact, caught there because he was attempting to prank the facility? My dear Deus, why would you so quickly assume the worst in someone? One never knows the intentions of one who is caught attempting to melt through a hatch in order to escape a life-threatening situation.

As a matter of fact, and statistically speaking (does anyone else see the problem with those two statements being used in the same sentence?), the chances that a person caught in such a situation are about 465.2 to 1. You can analyze the data yourself (once you have purchased it, of course), and you will come to the same conclusion.

Which is, of course, that carrying corrosive toothpaste is a great idea, for many more reasons besides brushing your nemesis' teeth or pranking high security underwater exotic cockroach-breeding facilities.
Back to top Go down
crash703
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough


Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


Indeed, "pretty much" would serve to cover what may be colloquially referred to as "most" cases; however, a situation similar to the one I had attempted to describe in my previous comment would, in over 96% of all cases, fall outside of the sphere of the term "prank," since such actions may only difficultly be referred to as lethal. Therefore whilst you may have "pretty much" covered the use of a certain acidic toothpaste by including it in your use of pranks, the lethal situation involving a hatch (which in this case is located roughly two miles below sea level in a secure facility in which an exotic species of cockroach are bred) falls well outside the sphere of pranks and all that includes, and therefore you had not covered that particular situation prior to my comment.

Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there has been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.

Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves

Ah, I begin to see your point. You are suggesting that the person caught in this life-threatening situation is, in fact, caught there because he was attempting to prank the facility? My dear Deus, why would you so quickly assume the worst in someone? One never knows the intentions of one who is caught attempting to melt through a hatch in order to escape a life-threatening situation.

As a matter of fact, and statistically speaking (does anyone else see the problem with those two statements being used in the same sentence?), the chances that a person caught in such a situation are about 465.2 to 1. You can analyze the data yourself (once you have purchased it, of course), and you will come to the same conclusion.

Which is, of course, that carrying corrosive toothpaste is a great idea, for many more reasons besides brushing your nemesis' teeth or pranking high security underwater exotic cockroach-breeding facilities.



Something both of you have been ignoring is: Does it still count as toothpaste if it will burn your teeth and possibly mouth and jawbone off when you use it? I'd assume if said toothpaste is acidic enough to melt through metal hatches it could certainly destroy most parts of your body.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm

crash703 wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:


Excuse me, but I have to disagree. While you are theoretically right that the toothpaste may be used in different situations, there has been no recorded usage of it outside of pranking.

Even your proposition of an underwater laboratory breeding exotic cockroaches was so far only connected with pranking - not only once, but multiple times, which statistically means it is still not advised to carry corrosive acid toothpaste with you at all if you do not intend to prank anyone.

Big D. has spoken.

Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves

Ah, I begin to see your point. You are suggesting that the person caught in this life-threatening situation is, in fact, caught there because he was attempting to prank the facility? My dear Deus, why would you so quickly assume the worst in someone? One never knows the intentions of one who is caught attempting to melt through a hatch in order to escape a life-threatening situation.

As a matter of fact, and statistically speaking (does anyone else see the problem with those two statements being used in the same sentence?), the chances that a person caught in such a situation are about 465.2 to 1. You can analyze the data yourself (once you have purchased it, of course), and you will come to the same conclusion.

Which is, of course, that carrying corrosive toothpaste is a great idea, for many more reasons besides brushing your nemesis' teeth or pranking high security underwater exotic cockroach-breeding facilities.



Something both of you have been ignoring is: Does it still count as toothpaste if it will burn your teeth and possibly mouth and jawbone off when you use it? I'd assume if said toothpaste is acidic enough to melt through metal hatches it could certainly destroy most parts of your body.

Of course it's still toothpaste. Just because it's acidic and / or highly toxic and corrosive does not make a difference. The bottle still says "Toothpaste" on it; the only difference is that it cannot be used for a human tooth. Obviously it's toothpaste for a creature immune to acid.
Back to top Go down
crash703
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough


Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Athanasios wrote:
crash703 wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


Based on your argument, I can only logically assume that we are each operating under different definitions of the term "pranking." If you are suggesting that breeding exotic, underwater cockroaches is an action related to pranking, I would strongly disagree. Breeding such creatures, especially in a facility such as I have mentioned above, is by no means a pranking matter. On the contrary, it is an extraordinarily serious and rather dangerous affair.

Therefore, when one, such as yourself, says that there has been no recorded usage of toothpaste (other than its intended usage: cleaning teeth) outside of pranking, your definition of pranking must be vague enough so as to include almost any action. At which point you are effectively nullifying the uniqueness of the term, rendering it useless as anything other than a term for just about anything.

As such, it would be still be advisable to carry on one's person corrosive toothpaste in the event that a situation arises suitable for its use.

Big D. has been spoken to.



No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves

Ah, I begin to see your point. You are suggesting that the person caught in this life-threatening situation is, in fact, caught there because he was attempting to prank the facility? My dear Deus, why would you so quickly assume the worst in someone? One never knows the intentions of one who is caught attempting to melt through a hatch in order to escape a life-threatening situation.

As a matter of fact, and statistically speaking (does anyone else see the problem with those two statements being used in the same sentence?), the chances that a person caught in such a situation are about 465.2 to 1. You can analyze the data yourself (once you have purchased it, of course), and you will come to the same conclusion.

Which is, of course, that carrying corrosive toothpaste is a great idea, for many more reasons besides brushing your nemesis' teeth or pranking high security underwater exotic cockroach-breeding facilities.



Something both of you have been ignoring is: Does it still count as toothpaste if it will burn your teeth and possibly mouth and jawbone off when you use it? I'd assume if said toothpaste is acidic enough to melt through metal hatches it could certainly destroy most parts of your body.

Of course it's still toothpaste. Just because it's acidic and / or highly toxic and corrosive does not make a difference. The bottle still says "Toothpaste" on it; the only difference is that it cannot be used for a human tooth. Obviously it's toothpaste for a creature immune to acid.
So it's xenomorph toothpaste? How is there a market for that? (besides of course for special agents and pranksters)
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 pm

You guys are strange.

crash703, you know Java? I've been learning it for a while now Smile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
crash703
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough


Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 am

Ben wrote:
You guys are strange.

crash703, you know Java? I've been learning it for a while now Smile
Yup! I finished my school's AP Computer Science course last semester and now I'm studying for the AP exam. (My school's on the block system so we get a credit done in one semester) I also know javascript, HTML, and a little CSS.
Have you learned about recursion yet?
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 am

crash703 wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
crash703 wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
No no, you have misunderstood me. I meant pranking such fcilities, not that such facilties are pranks themselves

Ah, I begin to see your point. You are suggesting that the person caught in this life-threatening situation is, in fact, caught there because he was attempting to prank the facility? My dear Deus, why would you so quickly assume the worst in someone? One never knows the intentions of one who is caught attempting to melt through a hatch in order to escape a life-threatening situation.

As a matter of fact, and statistically speaking (does anyone else see the problem with those two statements being used in the same sentence?), the chances that a person caught in such a situation are about 465.2 to 1. You can analyze the data yourself (once you have purchased it, of course), and you will come to the same conclusion.

Which is, of course, that carrying corrosive toothpaste is a great idea, for many more reasons besides brushing your nemesis' teeth or pranking high security underwater exotic cockroach-breeding facilities.



Something both of you have been ignoring is: Does it still count as toothpaste if it will burn your teeth and possibly mouth and jawbone off when you use it? I'd assume if said toothpaste is acidic enough to melt through metal hatches it could certainly destroy most parts of your body.

Of course it's still toothpaste. Just because it's acidic and / or highly toxic and corrosive does not make a difference. The bottle still says "Toothpaste" on it; the only difference is that it cannot be used for a human tooth. Obviously it's toothpaste for a creature immune to acid.
So it's xenomorph toothpaste? How is there a market for that? (besides of course for special agents and pranksters)

It turns out the phrase "Aliens among us" was actually an early slogan for the Xenomorphic Hygiene Company, a business dedicated to ensuring that all xenomorphs and xenophobes alike were properly washed and taken care of. After The Incident, (involving a shipment of "Alien Toothpaste - the best toothpaste for aliens everywhere!" and a truckload of dead, jaw-less Mexicans [rumored to have been illegal aliens]), the business was sued and was forced to shut down main operation.

Now they market their corrosive toothpaste discretely to top-secret high-priority agents and certain devilish and daring pranksters.
Occasionally, they send a crate (via space shuttle) containing their special brand of corrosive toothpaste into the void, hoping to gather and secure interstellar customers for after "real" space-flight and interplanetary travel as been developed.

There was a rumor that one of their boxes came back with what appeared to be corroded alien bone and a death-threat written in a tongue that many consider to be Martian.

I therefore fear that, once we do breach the impossibility of accessing the planets right next to us, a war over the death of one corroded alien using XHC-brand toothpaste does not commence, for it promises tol be the death of millions.
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 am

crash703 wrote:
Dude, it's been a while since I've seen you around!
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 am

Guys, you do know you can shorten the quote trees, right?
Back to top Go down
crash703
Doing Well Enough
Doing Well Enough


Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:20 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Guys, you do know you can shorten the quote trees, right?
Of course but that's no fun.
Ru wrote:
crash703 wrote:
Dude, it's been a while since I've seen you around!
Yeah it feels good to be back. School and soccer totally screwed me over time wise and I haven't had time to sit down for a proper lego building session for a long time.
Also: Dude where were you in the hunger games movie? I looked for you when I went to see it but then I realized that I don't know what you look like. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:45 pm

crash703 wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Guys, you do know you can shorten the quote trees, right?
Of course but that's no fun.
Ru wrote:
crash703 wrote:
Dude, it's been a while since I've seen you around!
Yeah it feels good to be back. School and soccer totally screwed me over time wise and I haven't had time to sit down for a proper lego building session for a long time.
Also: Dude where were you in the hunger games movie? I looked for you when I went to see it but then I realized that I don't know what you look like. Neutral

School is STILL screwing me over... but, fortunately, once I graduate in May, I'm going to take a gap year and as such I'll have an ENTIRE YEAR FREE to do many things, including LEGOs. It's gonna be awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Athanasios wrote:


School is STILL screwing me over... but, fortunately, once I graduate in May, I'm going to take a gap year and as such I'll have an ENTIRE YEAR FREE to do many things, including LEGOs. It's gonna be awesome! Smile

Cool! Smile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


School is STILL screwing me over... but, fortunately, once I graduate in May, I'm going to take a gap year and as such I'll have an ENTIRE YEAR FREE to do many things, including LEGOs. It's gonna be awesome! Smile

Cool! Smile

I hope so! I'm really looking forward to it.

What about you? What are your plans for the next.... I dunno. Few years. Have you decided on a career direction yet?

...I haven't. :/
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


School is STILL screwing me over... but, fortunately, once I graduate in May, I'm going to take a gap year and as such I'll have an ENTIRE YEAR FREE to do many things, including LEGOs. It's gonna be awesome! Smile

Cool! Smile

I hope so! I'm really looking forward to it.

What about you? What are your plans for the next.... I dunno. Few years. Have you decided on a career direction yet?

...I haven't. :/

Well, I'll be going to the army soon. In a couple years. Or less. And afterwards I'm thinking about pursuing a career in programming. Happy

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:


School is STILL screwing me over... but, fortunately, once I graduate in May, I'm going to take a gap year and as such I'll have an ENTIRE YEAR FREE to do many things, including LEGOs. It's gonna be awesome! Smile

Cool! Smile

I hope so! I'm really looking forward to it.

What about you? What are your plans for the next.... I dunno. Few years. Have you decided on a career direction yet?

...I haven't. :/

Well, I'll be going to the army soon. In a couple years. Or less. And afterwards I'm thinking about pursuing a career in programming. Happy

Ugh, they have that in Israel, too? In Greece, the same thing applies. Hopefully, since I'm not actually a Greek citizen, there is a chance I'll be able to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Today at 2:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
"Fun" Chat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Round 6 - Laguna Seca - Pre Race Chat
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Random Chat #105
» chit chit chat chat
» Err... Chat Ban?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Community :: General Discussions-
Jump to: