Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.
 
HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Fun" Chat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 am

Zac. wrote:
Been a while since I was last here...
A while since any kind of activity.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Been a while since I was last here...
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:28 am

Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Been a while since I was last here...
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Been a while since I was last here...
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 am

Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Been a while since I was last here...
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
Well, I know I'm not from amerika.

Anyways, I got a week off in late february, next mini holidays come for the first of may.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
My n ext holiday off is for Easter, we had our last break in february.
You can't however assume everyone has the same breaks, after all everyone has diffident education services and are told diffrent things to learn.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 am

Zac. wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:

Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
My n ext holiday off is for Easter, we had our last break in february.
You can't however assume everyone has the same breaks, after all everyone has diffident education services and are told diffrent things to learn.
We have the easter monday off. Can't wait to eat all that meaty eggy deliciousness...
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
A while since any kind of activity.
Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).

We have it next week. Here we call it "Spring Break", and it's for one week.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 am

Zac. wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Zac. wrote:

Place needs a good sweep, to much dust...
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
My n ext holiday off is for Easter, we had our last break in february.
You can't however assume everyone has the same breaks, after all everyone has diffident education services and are told diffrent things to learn.
But I think it's fair to assume that the Canadian and American school systems are about as similar as they can get in the world.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
The MOCathalon seems to take too much time away from TFOLs... I'm glad I didn't enter, also with march being the busiest month for school, every year.
Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
My n ext holiday off is for Easter, we had our last break in february.
You can't however assume everyone has the same breaks, after all everyone has diffident education services and are told diffrent things to learn.
But I think it's fair to assume that the Canadian and American school systems are about as similar as they can get in the world.
I think that's an insult to the canadian school system, even if it is bad.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:09 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Zac. wrote:

Indeed, School is taking up lots of my time and every 4 out of 5 Saturdays, Luckily I have Sunday Wink
I get a full week off in March (it's called "March break") and I had always assumed everyone else got it too (even just Americans, at least).
My n ext holiday off is for Easter, we had our last break in february.
You can't however assume everyone has the same breaks, after all everyone has diffident education services and are told diffrent things to learn.
But I think it's fair to assume that the Canadian and American school systems are about as similar as they can get in the world.
I think that's an insult to the canadian school system, even if it is bad.
Hehehe

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 am

The most reccent education statistics I could find were from 2009:
http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/oecd-education-rankings/
Deus may be interested to know that the United States is NOT near the bottom, and are in fact ranked ahead of Slovenia. So, every time he slams American schooling, he criticizes his own as well. I'm not saying that American education is perfect, it does leave a lot to be desired. I just wanted to show that we really aren't that low in the rankings.
Back to top Go down
Chronos
Settling In
Settling In


Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
The most reccent education statistics I could find were from 2009:
http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/oecd-education-rankings/
Deus may be interested to know that the United States is NOT near the bottom, and are in fact ranked ahead of Slovenia. So, every time he slams American schooling, he criticizes his own as well. I'm not saying that American education is perfect, it does leave a lot to be desired. I just wanted to show that we really aren't that low in the rankings.
Interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 pm

So that corrupt formerly mayor of Detroit, currently a crybaby, wants to make a movie.

Seriously, just acknowledge you are horrible and move on buster.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Medieval Guy wrote:
The most reccent education statistics I could find were from 2009:
http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/oecd-education-rankings/
Deus may be interested to know that the United States is NOT near the bottom, and are in fact ranked ahead of Slovenia. So, every time he slams American schooling, he criticizes his own as well. I'm not saying that American education is perfect, it does leave a lot to be desired. I just wanted to show that we really aren't that low in the rankings.
I never said my school system was good! If it were good, I'd be studying right now, heck, I'd be caring about studying right now. What is with the american school system is that there's good schools and there's schools everybody knows as american.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
So that corrupt formerly mayor of Detroit, currently a crybaby, wants to make a movie.

Seriously, just acknowledge you are horrible and move on buster.
Politicians? Inclined towards criminal behaviour? No! Blasphemy! Inconceivable!
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 347
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 am

Lots of inactivity... >.>

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 am

To get people active, we could have a political or religious debate.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
To get people active, we could have a political or religious debate.
Steven Harper is the worst thing that's ever happened to Canada.

Go!
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
To get people active, we could have a political or religious debate.
Steven Harper is the worst thing that's ever happened to Canada.

Go!
ur rong!
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
To get people active, we could have a political or religious debate.
Steven Harper is the worst thing that's ever happened to Canada.

Go!
It's a good thing I know what you're talking about, because if I didn't, this would hardly be a debate (although I have debated many times with ones who know little of what they speak of).
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Steven Harper is the worst thing that's ever happened to Canada.

Go!
The worst thing I could find is that he pays someone government money to pick out his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 am

What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 am

Ben wrote:
What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?
You are a fool to speak those words! It is blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:38 am

Booooooooooooooored.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 am

Ben wrote:
What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?
Why would we do that? If you leave, I'm staying.
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am

Ben wrote:
What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?
I somewhat like that idea. Or at least make it active again.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Ben wrote:
What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?
ur rong!

IIRC half the point of this one was to avoid the constant irritation of moderating completely innocuous comments. Here, the forum does that by itself.

Pretty sure the current inactivity is due to high school or whatever it is amerilanders do when they're not arguing about stupid things on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Ben wrote:
What do you guys say about immigrating back to the original MOCpages group?
ur rong!

IIRC half the point of this one was to avoid the constant irritation of moderating completely innocuous comments. Here, the forum does that by itself.

Pretty sure the current inactivity is due to high school or whatever it is amerilanders do when they're not arguing about stupid things on the internet.
Many amerilanders also participate in the MOCathalon.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm not saying that we move back to the group, just not leave it in the dust...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, you can go there if you want, but I don't see the point. Most of the cool people migrated to here.
Back to top Go down
Chronos
Settling In
Settling In


Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:

Pretty sure the current inactivity is due to high school or whatever it is amerilanders do when they're not arguing about stupid things on the internet.
Many amerilanders also participate in the MOCathalon.
Yes, we amerilanders do that occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Ben wrote:
I'm not saying that we move back to the group, just not leave it in the dust...
Well, why is nobody here now?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Ben wrote:
I'm not saying that we move back to the group, just not leave it in the dust...
Well, why is nobody here now?

If you didn't notice its already been like this for a while

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   

Back to top Go down
 
"Fun" Chat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Round 6 - Laguna Seca - Pre Race Chat
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Random Chat #105
» chit chit chat chat
» Err... Chat Ban?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Community :: General Discussions-
Jump to: