Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.
 
HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Fun" Chat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm

What's up with all the inactivity?
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Posts : 115
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-19
Location : New England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
What's up with all the inactivity?

MocAthalon.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 am

Caleb Z. wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
What's up with all the inactivity?

MocAthalon.
Eh, I had time last year.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:39 am

I noticed it too.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
What's up with all the inactivity?
Procrastination.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
What's up with all the inactivity?
Procrastination.
Collective procrastination.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Posts : 115
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-19
Location : New England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
What's up with all the inactivity?
Procrastination.
Collective procrastination.

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 am

"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 am

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 am

I won't be able to see it. The one time Oklahoma has serious cloud cover is the time that there will be an aurora. The Texans will get to see it.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:03 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
... In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
http://www.survivalblog.com/
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 am

Aree't'sa wrote:

http://www.survivalblog.com/
Cool. I read through some of the tips and such, although I doubt I'll ever need them. The article about moving to a farm is great in theory, but I don't see anyone actually following that advice.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Aree't'sa wrote:

http://www.survivalblog.com/
Cool. I read through some of the tips and such, although I doubt I'll ever need them. The article about moving to a farm is great in theory, but I don't see anyone actually following that advice.
Well, evidently quite a few people have. It's all purpoes preparedness info, y'see; everything from "power outage" through "the Plague" to "alien invasion".
Living on a farm isn't so great for a power outage, but in a case of the plague it'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Posts : 115
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-19
Location : New England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm

I hope you know the Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world, their calender just starts over when you get to the end.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Actually when then got to the end of there long calendar, it predicts a large disaster that will destroy the known world.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 am

Who here, besides me, belives this (feces)?
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:25 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
I don't actually know. I assume they will only be visible at night, but will be active for quite a while, so you should be able to see them.

Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Ceasar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every four years today would be in July 2013."

"Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year... so technically, the world should have ended seven months ago."


Interesting.
I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
I don't actually know. I assume they will only be visible at night, but will be active for quite a while, so you should be able to see them.

Today? Tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:

I disagree. Leap Years were factored in to the calculations that converted the Mayan calendar to ours. So we're still on track to have the world end.

In other news, there was a solar flare very recently. It'll reach Earth tomorrow, though it will only be a glancing blow. We could be looking at some damage to the power grid, but hopefully nothing terrible. You may want to prepare, just in case. It never hurts to be ready.
Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
I don't actually know. I assume they will only be visible at night, but will be active for quite a while, so you should be able to see them.

Today? Tomorrow?
Tonight.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:27 am

Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:

Yes, but the aurora will be amazing. I'll even be able to see it in my city, 43.3 degrees north latitude.
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
I don't actually know. I assume they will only be visible at night, but will be active for quite a while, so you should be able to see them.

Today? Tomorrow?
Tonight.
As in in... 10 hours? 5 hours? Do you have a NASA link or something else reliable?
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 am

Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
Mangatsika wrote:
Deus Otiosus wrote:
43.3 is your longitude? Mine's 46, but is there any information regarding europe, seeing the day and night don't match on continents like they do in World of Warcraft?
I don't actually know. I assume they will only be visible at night, but will be active for quite a while, so you should be able to see them.

Today? Tomorrow?
Tonight.
As in in... 10 hours? 5 hours? Do you have a NASA link or something else reliable?
Dunno. When it's dark, I guess. I have no link.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 347
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 am

Not saying I believe this, but some Mayans have said that the end of the calendar marks the beginning of a change for the better. That being said, I still think it's a load of crap.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 am

Owen S. wrote:
Not saying I believe this, but some Mayans have said that the end of the calendar marks the beginning of a change for the better. That being said, I still think it's a load of crap.
What, you're saying the Native Americans didn't get everything right? You can't do that! It's racist!
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 am

Aree't'sa wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Not saying I believe this, but some Mayans have said that the end of the calendar marks the beginning of a change for the better. That being said, I still think it's a load of crap.
What, you're saying the Native Americans didn't get everything right? You can't do that! It's racist!
Hahahahahaha, that's made my week.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Owen S. wrote:
Not saying I believe this, but some Mayans have said that the end of the calendar marks the beginning of a change for the better. That being said, I still think it's a load of crap.
Well, if you think of it that way, the second world war would be a change for the better for those who survived if the third kingdom won.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 am

Dangit, MP is down and I need to upload an entry. Curses.
Back to top Go down
Ehh
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Posts : 103
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 am

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Dangit, MP is down and I need to upload an entry. Curses.
ARGH!!! Have a MOC to upload for the Mocathon! At housand curses! >:[
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 am

Uploading is no setback with the limits this year.
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 am

Does anyone have Skype? I'm bored Happy
Back to top Go down
Wangster
Not Going Anywhere
Not Going Anywhere
avatar

Posts : 554
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : This forum

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Owen S. wrote:
Not saying I believe this, but some Mayans have said that the end of the calendar marks the beginning of a change for the better. That being said, I still think it's a load of crap.
Yeah, same here.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Wangster wrote:
Does anyone have Skype? I'm bored Happy
Is that that thing wher you view each other as you talk through the computer.

Ya, no one could survive a skype with me. =3
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Wangster wrote:
Does anyone have Skype? I'm bored Happy
Is that that thing wher you view each other as you talk through the computer.

Ya, no one could survive a skype with me. =3
No, it's the thing where you just chat using your keyboard or you call and don't see the person you talk to or you see the person you talk to or all of those at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Hayden.
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 348
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Been a while since I was last here...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exits, There on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   

Back to top Go down
 
"Fun" Chat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Round 6 - Laguna Seca - Pre Race Chat
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Random Chat #105
» chit chit chat chat
» Err... Chat Ban?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Community :: General Discussions-
Jump to: