Made by TFOLs, run by TFOLs, and only for TFOLs.
 
HomeFrontpageFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Fun" Chat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
E.K.O.
Member
Member


Posts : 158
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : Gävle, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:53 am

I'm very bored right now! It's the day before Christmas eve. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 am

I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 347
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:00 am

Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
I know, right? It felt like I was just on vacation in the summer, and now it's almost Christmas Eve! Smile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:14 am

E.K.Ocreations wrote:
I'm very bored right now! It's the day before Christmas eve. Tongue

Indeed. The Eve of Christmas Eve.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:15 am

Owen S. wrote:
Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
I know, right? It felt like I was just on vacation in the summer, and now it's almost Christmas Eve! Smile

Huh. well it didn't fly quite as fast for me, what with all the schoolwork, and homework, and... stuff. =D
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 347
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 am

Athanasios wrote:
Owen S. wrote:
Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
I know, right? It felt like I was just on vacation in the summer, and now it's almost Christmas Eve! Smile

Huh. well it didn't fly quite as fast for me, what with all the schoolwork, and homework, and... stuff. =D
True. But even then, it was much faster than last year, a least for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
Member
Member


Posts : 158
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : Gävle, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am

Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
It's been a good year, although I haven't built as much as in 2010, but that may be because I now put more effort in my MOCs.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 am

This time of year, everyone loses their mind.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:56 am

Ru wrote:
2011 flew by way to fast.
So it seems, whenever you look back on something it doesn't feel as long. Unless you had a perfect memory.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:09 am

E.K.Ocreations wrote:
Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
It's been a good year, although I haven't built as much as in 2010, but that may be because I now put more effort in my MOCs.

Yeah, I really have not built very much this year, but that's probably due to the fact that I am doing the IB, and therefore don't really have time to build much. Most unfortunate...

Sad
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
Member
Member


Posts : 158
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : Gävle, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:28 am

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
This time of year, everyone loses their mind.
When I think back at 2011, I actually now feel like it's been a long year!

When 2011 begun, i was on my first vacation in Karlstad. I remember how exciting that vacation was! I did much on my 11 days there.

I remember January, when I lost my interest in Lego a little and didn't build for one month.

I remember how much fun I had in the Mocathalon.

I remember posting my best MOC ever.

I remember all the vacations I was on this summer and how little building time I had.

I remember my fiasco in the MocOlympics.

I remember when this forum was created.

I remember how well I did in the MIT.

I remember the two vacations I was on during this fall.

I remember that I just got second place in the MIT and will get a prize! Smile

So yeah, I remember much from this year.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Z.
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 115
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-19
Location : New England

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:35 am

Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Back to top Go down
Medieval Guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 428
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : "Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:49 am

Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
Every year seems faster to me...
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
Member
Member


Posts : 158
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : Gävle, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:04 am

Medieval Guy wrote:
Ru wrote:
I really can't belive it's the day before Christmas eve. 2011 flew by way to fast.
Every year seems faster to me...
Same here.

2008 felt like it was one and a half year long for me, back at that time. Now it feels faster.
Back to top Go down
Deus Otiosus
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 761
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Slovenija

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:58 am

I had a rreplica of my last year, only a liiitle different.
Some days are lifetimes of their own, like school trips or when I work for the school's symphonic orchestra on the christmass concert (I've lived 5 full lifetimes in 2011!), but some weeks and especially weekends fly by without me noticing.

Also, I hardly remember anything of my first highschool year (2 years ago), but I know it was a LONG time, because everything before seems so far away and everything later I remember being fast (except the side-lives, but they are not chronologicaly ordered).
Back to top Go down
E.K.O.
Member
Member


Posts : 158
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-22
Location : Gävle, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:02 am

Christmas eve just begun a few minutes ago in Sweden! Happy
Back to top Go down
Ru
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 209
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Nc, USA

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:03 am

Hmmm, I guess life is just a big time warp. Like 2011 seems real short at first, but when I think back to say, the MOCathalon, it seems forever ago.
Time, you slippery eel.
Back to top Go down
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 282
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Trapped in an Oil Painting

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:20 am

Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...
Back to top Go down
Owen S.
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 347
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:02 am

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...
That's not nice.... Tongue

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I came, I saw, I built.
Back to top Go down
SaberCascade
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Reach

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

I love my dad. He has a job.

Of course, that's because we center our lives around God. It truly makes your life happier.
Back to top Go down
Mangatsika
Established Member
Established Member


Posts : 284
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Yapdap wrote:
I love my dad. He has a job.

Of course, that's because we center our lives around God. It truly makes your life happier.
I'm gonna object to that by saying one can be perfectly happy without a god in their life.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I honestly think that 2011 has been one of my best years, although no I haven't received a lot of LEGOs or whatever, I have been successfully joining the Israeli community and making friends, and I have continued with my hobby of photography, and met some girls Wink

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Owen S. wrote:
It's a celebration, with a religious ceremony first, for when a Jewish boy or girl turns 13 (when they are considered a man or woman, I think.) Correct me if I was wrong, Ben, because I'm not Jewish. Wink
Ehh wrote:
Actually it's when a boy turns 13, or a girl turns 12. Basically it's just a nice party with food dancing and speeches. Happy
Also the boy will traditionally read from the torah.

OK everyone let me clarify:

These are what the standards for the international Jewish community are:

Bar Mitzvah - Boy turns 13, reads from the Torah, party. When he "becomes" a mature man.
Bat Mitzvah - Girl turns 12, (sometimes) reads from the Torah, party. When she "becomes" a mature woman.

They can really vary, depending on which branch of Judaism you associate with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Aree't'sa
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 421
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Ben wrote:
If you believe that, then you're mistaken. The US is too influential, its going to mess up things internationally. No one is safe.
Replace "US" with "UN" and you'd probably be about right. The US itself doesn't really have that much power any more, though.

Yapdap wrote:
I haven't tried breaking bricks, although I can break boards. I'm not a ninja, but I am a kick-butt fighting machine.
...who'll go down flat on his arse the second someone who knows what he's doing decides to shove him through a convenient window. Martial arts training extremely rarely =/= halfway competent in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Aree't'sa wrote:
Ben wrote:
If you believe that, then you're mistaken. The US is too influential, its going to mess up things internationally. No one is safe.
Replace "US" with "UN" and you'd probably be about right. The US itself doesn't really have that much power any more, though.


Yeah, and screw the UN.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Ugh, my internet is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Takin' forever.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...

Ok, spit it out. What did he do to you [are you angry about] this time? Wink


Last edited by Athanasios on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Ben wrote:
I honestly think that 2011 has been one of my best years, although no I haven't received a lot of LEGOs or whatever, I have been successfully joining the Israeli community and making friends, and I have continued with my hobby of photography, and met some girls Wink

And, of course, a good year for us since we all learned your identity!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Mangatsika wrote:
Yapdap wrote:
I love my dad. He has a job.

Of course, that's because we center our lives around God. It truly makes your life happier.
I'm gonna object to that by saying one can be perfectly happy without a god in their life.

Uh, I wouldn't be too sure if I were you....
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...

Ok, spit it out. What did he do to you [are you angry about] this time? Wink
Missed an allowance Laugh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
I honestly think that 2011 has been one of my best years, although no I haven't received a lot of LEGOs or whatever, I have been successfully joining the Israeli community and making friends, and I have continued with my hobby of photography, and met some girls Wink

And, of course, a good year for us since we all learned your identity!

Smile

LOL Wink

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...

Ok, spit it out. What did he do to you [are you angry about] this time? Wink
Missed an allowance Laugh

Hehe... you know I have never had an allowance. Ever. I mean, once upon a time when I used to cut the grass he would give us a couple Euros, but other than that, B-days or Celebrations and Grandparents.

Oh, and this summer I might get a job, working [hopefully in the kitchen!] of an ice-cream/cafe shop. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben
Root Admin
Root Admin


Posts : 922
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:
Caleb Z. wrote:
Well 2011 has been one of the worst years in a while for me, my dad got laid off. Sad
Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...

Ok, spit it out. What did he do to you [are you angry about] this time? Wink
Missed an allowance Laugh

Hehe... you know I have never had an allowance. Ever. I mean, once upon a time when I used to cut the grass he would give us a couple Euros, but other than that, B-days or Celebrations and Grandparents.

Oh, and this summer I might get a job, working [hopefully in the kitchen!] of an ice-cream/cafe shop. Smile

Yeah... how do you buy LEGOs, then?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read the rules here.
Looking for the FAQ? Find that here!
Need help? Send a PM (private message) to me or one of the other admins (you must have 5+ posts in order to send a PM)
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
I honestly think that 2011 has been one of my best years, although no I haven't received a lot of LEGOs or whatever, I have been successfully joining the Israeli community and making friends, and I have continued with my hobby of photography, and met some girls Wink

And, of course, a good year for us since we all learned your identity!

Smile

LOL Wink

Smile

Sheesh, my internet is really slow! They should have a new slogan, something like "OTEnet: Takin' forever... ...since 1985"
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Member
Member


Posts : 175
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Ben wrote:
Athanasios wrote:
Eric 'Hawk' Mickle wrote:

Same, but my dad deserved it. He's a real jerk...

Ok, spit it out. What did he do to you [are you angry about] this time? Wink
Missed an allowance Laugh

Hehe... you know I have never had an allowance. Ever. I mean, once upon a time when I used to cut the grass he would give us a couple Euros, but other than that, B-days or Celebrations and Grandparents.

Oh, and this summer I might get a job, working [hopefully in the kitchen!] of an ice-cream/cafe shop. Smile

Yeah... how do you buy LEGOs, then?

Like I said, I get money from relatives. But, unfortunately, somehow, I've been blamed for breaking our garbage disposal. And now I owe my dad like 251 Euros! What the HE[double hockey sticks]!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Fun" Chat!   

Back to top Go down
 
"Fun" Chat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Round 6 - Laguna Seca - Pre Race Chat
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Random Chat #105
» chit chit chat chat
» Err... Chat Ban?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The TFOL Forums :: Community :: General Discussions-
Jump to: